In this session we have a roleplay scenario where a Data Platform Development and Operations teams have merged together into one DevOps team. One heavily uses Azure DevOps and the other uses GitHub.
After various discussions, the team have decided they want to use parts of both services. Leaving the Product Owner and Scrum Master for the team to figure out how to use GitHub and Azure DevOps together and to make it work for the team. Which is where myself and Sander come in.
During this session we will discuss:
– which features from both offerings to use, and why
– recommended practices for using them both together to work in a DevOps related way
– organizing work items efficiently
– creating a database project
– implementing CI/CD for your database project
– Manual and automated testing of your Data Platform releases
After this session you will have a better understanding of how to start using both of the services together. Plus, you will take away knowledge about some of their features and services.
It’s worth noting that even though we focus a lot on the Microsoft Data Platform for this session, a lot of this session can also be used for other services.